Sunday, July 26, 2015

Using RPubs To Publish Work

I need to apologize to anyone who is actually reading my blog.  I had every intention of publishing a follow up post about Greece -- comparing its 10-year bond rates with those of the other "troubled" EU countries of Spain, Italy, and Portugal -- but life got in the way a bit.

This post will be a brief explanation of my current course.  I'm currently in the Reproducible Research course in the Data Science specialization certificate offered through Coursera.

One of the assignments in this course has me working with a particularly messy dataset.  After downloading the data, cleaning it up, and performing some exploratory analysis, I published my findings to RPubs.com.

Here is a link to my report.  It's nothing fancy, but I'm proud of it. 

This was created using the knitr package that integrates nicely with RStudio.  It allows you to create markdown documents that are easily viewable in HTML, as well as publishing them to RPubs, which is maintained by the folks who created and maintain RStudio.

knitr can also create documents in .doc and .pdf format as well.  I recommend trying it if you're in a data analysis role in any compacity.

For now, I'm going to leave off here.

Update 11 December 2015: Due to RPubs documents being public, and not wanting to tempt others who are taking the Data Science specialization through Coursera to copy my work, I have removed the report from RPubs.  I apologize for the inconvenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons LicenseJust A Data Geek Blog by Richard Ian Carpenter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.